Impound Services

Haines & Son Wrecker Service has my car. What do I do to get it back?

Your vehicle will begin to accrue storage charges as soon as it arrives at our state impound facility. The cost to claim your impounded car will increase at midnight each day that it is in our custody.

To redeem the vehicle, the registered owner will need to present the following:

  • Proof of Ownership (Title, or Registration printed in the last 7 days. Any tag agent can help you with this for a nominal fee. An insurance verification is not acceptable as Proof of Ownership.
  • Valid Government Issued Photo Identification that matches the name on the ownership document.
  • If your tag is expired or missing, you must bring current registration and tag (sticker).
  • If the car was impounded for no insurance, bring a valid insurance verification.
  • Bring payment for all monies due in cash.

To take the appropriate steps to claim your vehicle, fill out this form and fax or e-mail the document to us at
Fax: 580-225-4192 | E-mail:

Vehicle Owner Release Form